Computer & E-scrap Collection
Items will be accepted in 2019 during the entire months of April 1 – 30 and August 1 – 30. Collection hours will be Monday through Friday – 7 am to 3 pm.
There are also drop offs on the first Friday of every month between the hours – 7:00am to 3:00pm.
Drop off your items at the Service Department – 4680 Lander Rd – 7:00am to 3:00pm
CPU’S, monitors, keyboards, cell phones will be accepted.
Paper Shredding 2020
Residents can take advantage of free paper shredding services at several locations.
2020 Dates – Locations
- February 21st from 9 a.m. – noon* at Orange Village Service Department, 4680 Lander Road
- April 17th, from 9 a.m. – noon*at Pepper Pike City Hall, 28000 Shaker Blvd.
- June 19th from 9 a.m. – noon* at Orange Village Service Department, 4680 Lander Road
- August 14th from 9 a.m. – noon*at Pepper Pike City Hall, 28000 Shaker Blvd.
- October 16th from 9 a.m. – noon* at Orange Village Service Department, 4680 Lander Road
- December 11th from 9 a.m. – noon*at Pepper Pike City Hall, 28000 Shaker Blvd.
Orange Village in cooperation with the City of Pepper Pike will be providing residents with six opportunities to have their sensitive documents professionally shredded. Paper shredding is a secure way to dispose of documents without fear of sensitive information being released into the
wrong hands, while creating less of an impact to the environment. There is a five bag limit.
No Businesses. Please contact Village Hall with any questions at 440-498-4400.
*The time is from 9am until noon or until the truck is full.
U.S. Flag Drop Off
A U.S. flag drop off box has been put into the recycle center. The special toter is open the first Friday of every month from 7:00 am to 3:00 pm.
Residents may dispose of flags into the specially marked recycle toter.
RX Drop Box Program
Prescription opiates are often the gateway to heroin addiction. Prescription opiates are commonly found in many medicine cabinets. Pills left unattended in a bathroom or medicine cabinet can be easily taken and misused. It is vital that old prescriptions be properly disposed to keep one’s family and friends safe.
The Orange Village Drop Box is located in the Police Department
Monday – Friday 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
FREE AND CONFIDENTIAL
SOLID MEDICATIONS SUCH AS PILLS, TABLETS, AND CAPSULES.
SYRINGES, LIQUIDS, CREAMS AND OINTMENTS.
Hazardous Waste – Paint & Pesticide
Hazardous Waste will be accepted on the first Friday of each month from 7:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
at the Service Department – 4680 Lander Rd
Click here to see changes that went into effect in June, 2017, re flourescent bulbs and rechargeable batteries.
- Oil or solvent-based paint, sealers, primers, or coatings (aerosols or liquids)
- Varnishes, polyurethanes, shellacs
- Paint thinner, mineral spirits, turpentine
- Pesticides, herbicides, fungicides
- Caustic household cleaners
- Automotive fluids, motor oil, car batteries
- Adhesives, roof tar, driveway sealer
- Kerosene, gasoline, lighter fluid
- Mercury, fluorescent bulbs
No Latex Paint
No Commercial Drop Offs
Cuyahoga County Solid Waste Management – Household Hazardous Materials
Mattress Pick Ups
Mattresses may be placed curbside for pick up on regular collection days, however they must be wrapped in plastic and taped. Due to the epidemic of bed bugs in the area Kimble Refuse needs to take precautions.
Debris – Container Rental
We will drop off an 8, 10 or 12 yard container during the months of April through November (weather permitting) to help dispose of brush, yard waste, construction debris or household debris.
You cannot mix items in the container but you can choose from several different types of materials to dispose of. Rental costs vary depending on the items that will be disposed of.
Please see the Container Rental Agreement. Please remember this service is for residents only. Contact us at 440-498-4403 for detailed information.
Scrap Tire Collection
Drop off tires at the Service Department from March 20, 2019, weekdays from 7:00am to 3:00pm.
- Tires cannot have rims
- This is for residential drop off only
- No large truck or equipment tires will be accepted
- No tires larger than 20 inches off the rims
Scrap Metal Recycling
The Service Department is happy to announce another recycling opportunity for our residents. A new drop-off dumpster is available for ferrous and non-ferrous recyclables.
It is located at the Service Department, by the salt shed and is marked with a sign under the overhang. It is for “Metals only” – no other trash or products.
Not only does the program allow for us to reduce landfill costs, it also earns $$$ for scrap. The program is provided/funded through an Ohio EPA grant (50/50 match).