Mayor Kathy U. Mulcahy
Mayor Kathy Mulcahy has lived in Orange Village since 1978. She is the mother of three daughters: Kimberly, Michelle and Emily who are graduates of Orange High School. She is the proud grandmother of Noah, Vivian, Benjamin, Madison and Harper.
Mayor Mulcahy is a graduate of the Wharton School of Finance, University of Pennsylvania. The Mayor has been a self-employed Certified Public Accountant. Prior to her election as Mayor, Ms. Mulcahy served as the Orange Village Tax Administrator from 1984-1995.
Mayor Kathy Mulcahy’s message has been:
“I will listen to the residents. I will be accessible and responsive to your concerns. My goal is to preserve our beautiful community, while allowing for sensible change in the residents’ best interest.” “I campaigned on accessibility and hard work. These promises are very important to me. I want to do this job and do it well.”
Meet With The Mayor
Meet With The Mayor is an opportunity for Orange Village Residents to meet with Mayor Mulcahy in a casual setting to discuss Village matters.
January 8, – 6:30 pm
February 12 – 7:00 pm
March 11 – 7:00 pm
April 1 – 6:30 pm
May 13 – 7:00 pm
June 10 – 7:00 pm
July 8 – 7:00 pm
August 12 – 7:00 pm
September 9 – 7:00 pm
October 14 – 7:00 pm
November 11 – 7:00 pm
December 9 – 7:00 pm
Shaker Heights High School – Class of 1973 (2003 Shaker Hall of Fame Inductee)
Wharton School of Finance, University of Pennsylvania – Class of 1977
1981 – present: Kathy U. Mulcahy, CPA – Sole proprietorship/private practice. License placed into inactive status in 2018.
1984- 1995: Orange Village Tax Administrator
January 1, 1996 – present: Mayor of Orange Village
Current Civic Involvements:
Mayor Mulcahy is enriched through her involvement with the following organizations:
• Chagrin River Watershed Partners, Executive Board
• Destination Cleveland – Board Member
• President, Regional Council of Governments, Regional Income Tax Agency
• Chagrin Southeast Regional Hazmat Board
• Chagrin Valley Inter-Governmental Council
• Cuyahoga County Mayors & City Managers Association
• Suburban Water Council of Governments
• Chairperson of Orange Village Planning & Zoning/Architectural Board of Review
• Valley Enforcement Regional Council of Government (VERCOG)
Previous Civic Involvements:
• Northeast Ohio Area Coordinating Agency (NOACA) Governing Board
• Member of CCMMA Regionalization Committee
• DOPWIC Board (formerly known as Issue 2)
• Natural Resources Advisory Council (NRAC)
• Invest-in-Kids, Universal Pre-K Policy Advisory Committee
• Orange Communities Elder Friendly Task Force
• Advisory Boards of Brady Middle School and Orange High School
• Member of Auditor of State, Greater Cleveland Regional Advisory Board
• Leadership Cleveland Class 2007
These local and county civic involvements have helped Mayor Mulcahy develop a broad and comprehensive understanding of regional governance and how Orange Village can most effectively thrive. Her participation on the numerous committees provided an educational experience that benefits the entire community.
Mayor Mulcahy takes pride in our community and believes Orange Village is positioned for continued success well into the future.