Orange Village Planning & Zoning Commission
Architectural Board of Review
Tuesday, August 5, 2008 – 7:30 pm
Mayor Kathy Mulcahy called the meeting to order at 7:30 pm.
Members Present: Carmen Centanni, Anthony Lazar, Brian Hitt (arrived 7:35 pm), Scott Lewis,
John Terlep, Jud Kline and Mayor Kathy Mulcahy
Members Absent: None
Others Present: Ron Kluchin, Village Architect
Lou Hovancsek, Building Commissioner
Mary Fisco, PZ/ABR Secretary
#1 SIGN CHANGE
- Landerwood Glen
- Impullitti Landscaping
- Wayne Impullitti, Representative
Present: Wayne Impullitti
PZ/ABR Discussion: Joint motion to approve as corrected (adding “Lander Road” underneath the address numbers)
and the set-back to be at least 5’ from the right-of-way, as stated in the architect’s letter dated July 28, 2008 was
made by Centanni; seconded by Lewis.
Ayes: Centanni, Lazar, Hitt, Lewis, Terlep and Kline.
#2 BUILDING COMMISSIONER’S REPORT
· Regarding the old Goldfarb house (3969 Beechmont Trail) which is now owned by Merrill Lynch,
discussion was had on painting and re-roofing the dwelling and how it would be paid for.
· ISO has sent the Building Department a 20 page report. Orange Village has been rated a 4.
· The Building Department has proposed updating the fee schedule which has not changed in 10 years.
The new fees have been modeled after the City of Beachwood’s fee schedule.
· University Hospital is remodeling a portion of the 4th floor.
· The Temple Emanu El has received a permanent Certificate of Occupancy. The Certificate of
Occupancy does not apply to the school portion of the building. Discussion was also had on the
landscaping around the pond.
· At Sandy’s Gas & Go you can still see remnants of the old signage (Marathon/Clark) on the canopy.
· At Mooney’s Gas Station the pillars are still up.
· Brian Hitt inquired when the house at 29599 Pike Drive will be demolished.
#3 ANY OTHER TOPIC FOR DISCUSSION
· Discussion was had regarding the Haaga oil/gas well on North Hilltop Rd (Ord.2008-17). Mayor Mulcahy
called Steve Byron and puts the phone call on speaker phone.
Motion to reconsider the Report & Recommendation to Council regarding Ordinance 2008-17 was made by
Centanni; seconded by Hitt.
Ayes: Centanni, Lazar, Lewis and Hitt
Motion to table the Report & Recommendation to Council regarding Ordinance 2008-17 was made by Mulcahy;
seconded by Lewis.
Ayes: Centanni, Lazar, Hitt, Lewis and Mulcahy
#3 ANY OTHER TOPIC FOR DISCUSSION – Continued
· Board members discussed AT&T box screening, and would like to get the service from AT&T
when it is available.
· The proposed barn/shed project for Clarence Clark is on hold.
· At Mom’s Diner, tables are still outside, but the chairs are gone.
Motion to approve the minutes of the July 1, 2008 meeting was made by Centanni; seconded by Hitt.
Ayes: Centanni, Lazar, Hitt and Kline
Abstain: Lewis, Terlep and Mulcahy
Motion to approve the minutes of the July 15, 2008 meeting with the following corrections was made by Kline;
seconded by Centanni.
#2 – Correct ‘roll-lock’ to ‘rowlock’.
- Eliminate one of the ‘made by’
#3 Building Commissioner’s Report:
- Lou spoke with Harriett Kusner’s assistant, not Harriett Kusner herself.
Ayes: Centanni, Lazar, Lewis, Kline and Mulcahy
Abstain: Hitt and Terlep
There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 8:44 pm.
Mary Fisco, PZ/ABR Secretary Date
Archives 2005 3-05 | 4-05 | 5-05 | 6-05 | 7-05 | 9-05 | 10-05 | 11-05
Archives 2006 1-06 | 3-06 | 4-4-06 | 4-18-06 | 5-06 | 6-06 | 9-06 | 10-3-06 | 10-17-06 | 11-17-06 | 11-21-06 | 12-12-06
Archives 2007 1-07 | 1-17-07 | 2-6-07 | 2-20-07 | 3-07 | 3-20-07 | 4-3-07 | 4-17-07 | 5-1-07 | 5-15-07 | 6-07 | 6-19-07 | 7-17-07
| 8-7-07 | 8-21-07
9-4-07 | 9-18-07 | 10-2-07 | 10-16-07 | 11-07 | 11-20-07 | 12-04-07
Archives 2008 1-15-08 | 2-19-08 | 3-18-08 | 4-1-08 | 4-15-08 | 5-6-08 | 5-20-08 | 6-3-08
| 7-1-08 | 7-15-08