Orange Village Fire Department collects aluminum beverage cans for recycling.
All profits benefit the Aluminum Cans for Burned Children Foundation.
In 1986 the Northern Ohio Fire Fighters, the Northeast Fire Chief’s Association, along with MetroHealthMedicalCenter of Cleveland started the Aluminum Cans for Burned Children Foundation (ACBC) to help children who suffer severe burn injuries.
If you would like to separate these cans from your other recyclables, please pack them in blue plastic bags and drop them off at the Fire Station at the Village Hall or deposit them in the recycle bins located on the south entrance to Village Hall by the Fire Station.
In an ongoing effort to keep all Orange Village resident's safe, our administration and safety forces have collaborated to produce the
Emergency Preparedness Checklist
We hope that each household will take a moment to ensure they are familiar with this
checklist and that every resident of our village takes advantage of the resources we proudly offer.
Please “Help Us To Help You” and take the pledge to be prepared.
Orange Village Fire Department Receives Department of Homeland Security Grant Award
The Orange Village Fire Department is proud to announce that they have received a substantial grant award from the United States Department of Homeland Security. Under the Federal Emergency Management Agency, the "Assistance to Firefighters Grant Program" allows fire departments across the Country to compete for funding opportunities. The funds are utilized to address shortfalls in capital equipment and to improve services to the residents. The Orange Fire Department has been aggressive in their approach to grant writing and these efforts have once again paid off. The Village will receive $58,195.00 to be utilized for the
The Assistance to Firefighters Grant is structured so that 95% of the expenditures are paid by F.E.M.A. The remaining 5% of the cost is picked up by Orange Village.
- A new LifePack 15 Cardiac Monitor $31,000.00 *
- Two new Automated External Defibrillators (AED’s) $6,000.00 *
- Seven sets of firefighter turnout gear $21,000.00 *
“I’m proud that our department takes such a proactive approach to grant writing. These grant opportunities allow us to provide an exceptional level of service at a lower cost to the taxpayer” – Chief Robert Wilson
“Thanks to F.E.M.A and the Assistance to Firefighters Grant Program, our department can focus on attaining funds that represent a substantial cost savings for our residents. Our Grant writing efforts result in state-of-the-art purchases that deliver direct benefits to those we proudly serve.” – Assistant Chief Daniel Fritz
“Whether it’s our Service Department, Police Department or other areas of administration I’m extremely confident that our department heads are always looking for ways to trim the budget. This recent grant award is another example of how we are all working to provide quality services at the lowest cost possible.” – Mayor Kathy Mulcahy
Assistant Chief Daniel Fritz
Orange Village Fire Department 440.715.3751 cell
Working in Our Community
THE FIRE DEPARTMENT RESPONDED FOR THE HOLIDAYS!